History of Appe midi Tender Mango Pickle
Appemidi tender mangoes are known for their distinct flavour and strong aroma. It holds a very imperative place in the food culture and mango pickle industry of Karnataka. The enticing and strong fragrance of the Appemidi has made it one of the most sought-after mango pickle categories. It is considered as the king of all tender mangoes due to its texture and taste. The deliciously tangy Appemidi mango pickle (Uppinakayi) has been a part of Malenad food culture for centuries.
Traditional Appemidi Pickle Recipe By Organic Express:
- The tender Appemidi mango is harvested when they are as young as 30 to 40 days after blooming.
- The prudently collected mangoes are then dipped in the natural desi salt to drain out the moisture and form the salty syrup. After 45 days, the salt syrup is separated from the tender mangoes.
- The traditional Appe midi pickle paste is made using numerous herbs, spices and masalas that are grind on stone grinders to give the authentic taste and texture.
- The salt syrup is heated at a low temperature for a long time to remove moisture and the grounded paste is mixed with the syrup to make the delicious pickle masala.
- The tender mangoes are dipped in the masala and kept in the Chinese clay jars in cold dark rooms for the probiotics to grow and the pickle to settle.
- Once the pickle is settled, it is packed in glass bottles and released in the market as Organic Express Appe Midi tender mango pickle.
- Malenadu Appemidi ( Uppinkayi)
- Red Chilli Powder
- Traditional Herbs
Health Benefits of Appe midi Mango Pcikel:
- The probiotics present in the Appemidi pickle enhance gut health. As the pickle is uncooked, the friendly bacteria is consumed in live form, which promotes gut health.
- This traditional pickle is also cancer preventative.
- The predominant antibacterial action makes it a suitable option for people with diabetes and heart issues.
- Young children and elderly people can also relish this pickle without worrying about their health. Good bacteria found in pickles also helps in relaxing our minds and reducing stress and anxiety.
Relish the exquisite flavour of Appe Midi tender mango pickle with parathas rotis, rice, upma, khichadi and other Indian snacks and savouries.
Store Appemidi pickle in a cool, dry place. Use a clean and dry spoon.
9 months from the date of manufacturing.
The Uniqueness of Malnadu Appe Midi Pickle:
Appemidi is a very unique long sleek tender mango found only in the wilderness of the Western Ghats of Karnataka. Every Malanadu household has a culinary tradition and story to tell around Appemidi. Each of these century-old trees is considered to be unique which are grown naturally closer to the river banks of Uttara Kannada districts. Confined to the coastal regions of Karnataka once, Appemidi pickles have now become popular everywhere. Appemidi is also known as midi uppinikayi in Kannada and vadu mangai in Tamil.